"Hey, over here!"

Do you ever feel like you are screaming in your head "hey you! Do you even see me?" The days that you feel so unimportant, and feel like your value is never going to be seen. The people that do see you aren't the people that you thought would care. The people that give you the "adda-boy" just aren't filling that little void that desperately is crying out to be seen.

Is God seeing me? Does He care what is happening in my life? Does He really have "big" plans for my life? Why do I feel trapped ready to explode if He really cares? If I was gone would anyone be different because I lived?

What does your default button say in your head? Does it tell you that you are fat, ugly, worthless, stupid......?
Maybe you hear that you aren't really who you think you are.

Possibly you are tempted to say to yourself that you aren't an effective parent, a terrible spouse and that you are just worthless.

What do you hear? Is it okay to have those thoughts? Is it even normal?

YES!!! It's normal! You are alive!!!!

HOWEVER.....

Don't stay there...

When you are overwhelmed with self-doubt, dig deep and start speaking truth back into your life. Truth that God has given us through His word. When desperation sets in usually the last thing we "want" to do is reach out to God. But this is the first thing we "must"' do to begin to live again.

When do you rise up and stand to your feet and say, "enough is enough. I am a child of God! I am a new creation! I am valuable! I am chosen! I am set apart! I am loved! I am valuable!

When do stop satan in his tracks and say, You no longer have a hold over my thoughts! You no longer control my marriage! You have no authority over my life... period!! Satan be gone from my thoughts!!
You must stand up and take ownership of where you are and why you find yourself in this situation of feeling no value.

Recognize it! Own it! Take authority over it!! and get your butt in gear.

If your marriage is falling apart stop looking at your spouse. Let God fix where you are broken and trust Him with the rest!

If your kids aren't serving the Lord, stop concentrating on them and start pressing into God. "Show them" how to live! Their sick of hearing you talk. It's time to show them!

You are facing losing your home, your car, your "stuff," Stand up and say 'God, it's yours take it!' But trust Him, He will not abandon you!

You feel trapped at home because God has "called you" to be a stay at home mom. Really!! God is a God of relationship. Get out of those four walls. Shake up the routine. "Get a life!" Take your kids with you, get involved. They need to interact. You need to interact.

When was the last time you and your spouse went on an actual date. The kids will survive!! But your marriage may not, if you don't start investing in that relationship.

Check your priority list...
GOD
Spouse
Children..... then let the rest follow.

When the first two are top than you may be surprised how quickly your attitude changes towards your children. People may actually enjoy spending time with you.

Are you scared that nobody will want to meet you for coffee just to talk....?  TRY IT!! and then try it again!

Stop doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
You are so valuable to God. Listen to what he has to say...

Matthew 6:25-34
25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?26"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 28And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?
31"So do not worry, saying, `What shall we eat?' or `What shall we drink?' or `What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

In verse 33 we are given instruction to seek God first, everything else will follow.

The birds are valuable to God and he takes care of them. When you wonder if you are valuable to God, speak truth into your life. Yes you are valuable.

When you self-talk saying that you are fat and ugly. Remember that you were made in the image of God!

Who are you? You are valuable and precious to a loving father named Jesus.

He can handle your marriage. He can handle your children. He alone can handle whatever you are facing. He created you with purpose... do you know that purpose? Maybe not. But start seeking him, serving Him, and giving your everything to your creator. You will then realize that was exactly what you  were made for! Oh and it is amazing!!! You will forever be going deeper and deeper to know Him!! Start pressing in!


Oh Lord break our hearts! Break our hearts for the things that breaks yours. I am so overwhelmed by life at times that I can't see beyond my own situation. Help me Lord to get up and start moving. Help me to press into your heart. Reveal your truths about who I am in your word. When doubt, fear and any negative thoughts come over me, let me take captive of those and stop them in there tracks.
Thank you for loving me! Thank you for purposefully creating me. I love being you child! Thank you Lord for another day to press into you. --Amen



  --Nicole Howes

No comments:

Post a Comment